Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 28, 2006

Lord Darcy and Theology for Beginners

Things have gotten busy lately, so I just have time for a quick post. I'm bouncing between two books right now, Lord Darcy by Randall Garrett, and Theology for Beginners by Frank Sheed. I'm reading one for fun and the other as background for teaching religion to my eighth graders this coming school year. I'll let you decide which is which.

I have not read either of them before and they are both equally interesting, so my decision about which one to read at any given moment is mostly a matter of mood. Stay tuned for more about both books in the coming days.

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 1:06 PM

Comments on "Lord Darcy and Theology for Beginners"

 

post a comment