Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My LibraryThing Anniversary

One year ago today I opened up a free LibraryThing account, and I loved it so much that a few days later I converted it to a lifetime account. What is LibraryThing? Here's the official answer:
LibraryThing is an online service to help people catalog their books easily. You can access your catalog from anywhere--even on your mobile phone. Because everyone catalogs together, LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and so forth.
I love everything about LibraryThing--how easy it is to add books, the way I can sort them or tag them, the fact that I can see who else likes the same books I do--the list is endless.

If you have a LibraryThing account, check out my library and see what we have in common. Leave me a message while you're there. If you don't have an account yet, check the site out and it won't take long to see what I'm raving about.

After a year of using LibraryThing, here are some statistics about my books:
  • As of today I have 1,267 books written by 608 authors.
  • The first book I entered was my favorite book of all time, Don Quixote.
  • The last book I entered was A Passion for Books, which I purchased yesterday and added this morning.
  • The most frequent tag in my library is fiction (780 tags), followed by religion (287) and Catholic (228).
If you can't tell yet, I'm crazy for LibraryThing. It's one of my 101 Essential Web Sites for Readers of Literature, and if I would have ranked them, LibraryThing would definitely have been in the top 5. Check it out.

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 5:52 AM

Comments on "My LibraryThing Anniversary"

 

post a comment