Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Were You Wondering about Me?

Whether you were or not, Sylvia at Classical Bookworm has tagged me with Eight Random Things about Me, so you have to suffer through this anyway:
  1. I'm a fan of Doc Savage and I own a complete set of Doc Savage novels.
  2. I used to live in North Dakota.
  3. I can't stand glitter in my classroom.
  4. I only drink water.
  5. When I was first learning how to drive, I knocked a stop sign down and my dad took me to the police station to report it.
  6. One of my guilty pleasures is the very cheesy Hudson Brothers movie Hysterical.
  7. One of my second cousins, Glenn Hanson, played basketball for the Chicago Bulls.
  8. I won the National Catholic Education Association's Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award in 2001.
Now it's my turn. According to the rules I have to tag eight people, so I tag Julie, Will, Becky, Willa, Kim, Jim, Stefanie, and Maureen. Have fun!

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 5:35 AM

Comments on "Were You Wondering about Me?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:35:00 AM) : 

Why am I not surprised by #8? :) And I only drink water too, except for the occasional tipple of tea. Water is highly underrated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:31:00 PM) : 

Love the learning to drive story! And congrats on the 2001 award, that's pretty impressive.

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:49:00 PM) : 

Sylvia: I agree about water--I feel so much healthier after giving up caffeine and carbonation. It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there who just drinks water. But I do make exceptions on special occasions with wine (and there is a tea I like to drink, but I'm afraid true tea drinkers would be horrified because it contains artificial flavors.) It's Good Earth decaffeinated tea made with red tea.

Stefanie: I'm glad you liked the story. It was a father-son moment I won't ever forget. And thanks for the congratulations.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, May 18, 2007 5:47:00 AM) : 

You're already a "Distinguished Teacher" in my book!

Posted my 8 Random Facts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, May 18, 2007 3:51:00 PM) : 

Thank you for tagging me! Very sweet! Now I will get thinking about the eight facts...

 

post a comment