Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayer for a Busy Life by St. Teresa of Avila

How is it God, that you have given me this hectic busy life when I have so little time to enjoy your presence? Throughout the day people are waiting to speak with me, and even at meals I have to continue talking to people about their needs and problems. During sleep itself I am still thinking and dreaming about the multitude of concerns that surround me. I do all this not for my own sake, but for yours.

To me my present pattern of life is a torment; I only hope that for you it is truly a sacrifice of love. I know that you are constantly beside me, yet I am usually so busy that I ignore you. If you want me to remain so busy, please force me to think about and love you even in the midst of such hectic activity. If you do not want me so busy, please release me from it, showing others how they can take over my responsibilities.

Labels: , ,

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 5:43 AM

Comments on "Prayer for a Busy Life by St. Teresa of Avila"

 

Blogger Jean Heimann said ... (Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:06:00 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing this beautiful prayer, Nick!

God bless you!

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:51:00 PM) : 

You're very welcome, Jean. This prayer got me through a very difficult time quite a few years ago when the principal at my school had to be out for eight weeks and I had to try and keep things going. I came across it the other day and just had to share it. I'm glad it touched you.

 

post a comment