Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

ROMAN Reading Will Improve Your Reading Habits in Under an Hour

My new eBook ROMAN Reading: 5 Practical Skills for Transforming Your Life through Literature is available for free today!

Download ROMAN Reading (1.86 mb) and in less than an hour you'll have learned reading skills that last a lifetime. I've been teaching these skills for over sixteen years, and I can teach you. For free.

Why? Because I have a mission, and I want you to share it with me.

The mission? Changing lives one page at a time. I want to make the world a more literate place, a place where people think for themselves, learn about their world, and share their ideas with each other.

A literate world is a world of peace, tolerance and vision. We've got our work cut out for us.

To help accomplish this mission, I'm giving this eBook away for free.

But I need your help. I need you to turn this eBook into a virus that sweeps the world, a reading infection that keeps spreading itself from friend to friend, reader to reader. We need to get this book into the hands of reading groups, teachers, homeschoolers, high school and college students, and interested readers of all ages.

How can you help?
  • Download the book and read it!
  • Share it with all your friends.
  • Visit www.RomanReading.com often for more tips on reading literature. (Linking to it would help too!)
  • Sign up for the ROMAN Reading newsletter at FreeIQ.
Together we can make the world a more literate place by changing lives one page at a time.

On this feast of St. Joseph the Worker, please pray that ROMAN Reading makes a positive difference, no matter how small.

Labels: , , ,

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 5:31 AM

Comments on "ROMAN Reading Will Improve Your Reading Habits in Under an Hour"

 

Blogger Julie D. said ... (Tuesday, May 01, 2007 8:08:00 AM) : 

I just read your ebook and definitely will be doing a post on it, as well as a couple of the linked spots at the end of it. A really great piece and a great plan (though outlining will never become my thing ...).

:-)

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:18:00 PM) : 

Thank you julie, that's very kind of you. I can't wait to read what you have to say.

 

Blogger Crimson Wife said ... (Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:10:00 PM) : 

Interesting e-book! I wrote a post about it on the "Catholic Classical Education" Yahoo group because I thought it is very relevant to that type of homeschool approach.

 

Blogger Booklogged said ... (Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:33:00 PM) : 

Thanks for the mention, Nick. I didn't have time tonight to read your ebook, but I will read it tomorrow.

And thanks for your help with the scavenger hunt. I'd have biffed it for sure without you.

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Wednesday, May 02, 2007 11:10:00 PM) : 

crimson wife: Thank you! I hope they find it useful.

booklogged: Glad to have helped.

 

Blogger Becky said ... (Friday, May 04, 2007 9:31:00 AM) : 

Nick, thanks so much for the ebook. I'm a home educating parent who is also participating in an online Great Books discussion, so I'll be sharing this with some of my groups. And when I get a chance, I'll post it to my blog as well.

Many thanks for sharing the book, and what also look like some other nifty links and lists!

 

post a comment