Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2007

What's New at Literary Compass?

I've been getting quite a bit of traffic lately, thanks to Darren Rowse's Top 5 Group Writing Project and Jeffrey Trachtenberg's article in the Wall Street Journal which mentions my post Literary Testosterone: 30 Must-Read Classics for Teenage Boys (scroll down to the bottom--it's there under Blog Posts about this Topic).

If you're new here, welcome. I encourage you to subscribe to Literary Compass and to leave comments whenever you feel like it. If you add me to your blogroll, let me know and I'll add you to mine.

With all the new readers, I thought I'd acquaint everyone with what's been going on lately here at Literary Compass.

First, here are some of the more popular posts:Next, I've been very busy trying to promote my free ebook:
Be sure to check out my other other blogs:And finally, here's a sneak peak at what's coming up in the next couple of weeks:
  • The ROMAN Reading Online Book Group: This is going to be BIG, so make sure to keep checking back for the official launch. My plan is to start a summer reading group for all you parents who want your kids to be reading over the summer and want to give them some incentive and support. It's perfect for kids on summer vacation and kids who are homeschooled.
  • But this group is for you as well. This is going to be a family reading group where everyone can participate. Books will be chosen for their ability to appeal to all ages. Families can read them together at night on campouts, or each member can read them separately and discuss them over the dinner table, however it fits your family's schedule. Others are welcome too: college students at home for the summer, empty-nesters and retirees--all are invited to join.
  • I don't want to say too much more now, but I will say that the book group is going to be fairly informal and very fun--I'll be on summer break, after all. I hope to use video and audio, and to make it as interactive as possible.
  • I'm not quite done planning everything yet, so if you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll take them into consideration. Leave a comment or send me an email: literarycompass @ gmail.com

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 12:13 AM

Comments on "What's New at Literary Compass?"

 

Blogger KHB said ... (Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:18:00 AM) : 

I really enjoy your site. You've got some great, fresh insight and recommendations! I've subscribed to your feed and linked to you over at http://book-dragon.blogspot.com... stop by and say hello sometime. :)

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:24:00 AM) : 

Thanks! I added you to my blogroll.

 

post a comment