Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How Does Your Blog Rate?

Michael Kwan at JohnChow.com has a nice sponsored review of Blogorator.com, which provides free rating widgets for blogs. The sign-up is easy, the code-generator works like a charm, and the blog rating widget looks pretty decent (see my Blogorator in the right column).

Rating a blog is similar to rating a product on Amazon.com. You just click the star, and voila! the blog is rated. If you're registered user of Blogorator and you've uploaded an avatar, your avatar gets displayed as well.

Your blog also gets ranked at the Blogorator site, so there's potential for more exposure. As Kwan points out, there are no minimum votes required to be at the top, which needs to be addressed.

One feature I wish it had is the ability for each post to be ranked and factored into the rating. Still, Blogorator seems like a pretty cool idea. I'll try it for a while to see if I really like it.

If you install Blogorator on your blog, leave a comment and I'll visit your site and rate it.

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 6:19 AM

Comments on "How Does Your Blog Rate?"

 

Blogger Divers and Sundry said ... (Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:58:00 AM) : 

I'm getting a "session error" pop-up from blogorator.com when I click through to your post.

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:52:00 AM) : 

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to click to my post from blogorator, or clicking to them from my post? I haven't seen any pop-ups. I wonder if it's because I'm registered with them.

They're pretty new, so maybe they're experiencing some high traffic they didn't count on.

Thanks for letting me know there's a problem. If you keep having the same problem, please let me know. I don't want my visitors to be subjected to any annoying pop-ups.

 

Blogger Divers and Sundry said ... (Wednesday, August 08, 2007 11:20:00 AM) : 

I subscribe to your blog in a news reader, and when I click through to a post I get the little pop-up. It says, "The page at http://www.blogorator.com says: Session Error". There's a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it and a button at the bottom of the pop-up that says, "OK". It goes away when I tell it to, but I must close the pop-up before the page will finish loading. I also get the pop-up when I go straight to your site without clicking through the news reader. I haven't been to the blogorator site.

I enjoy your site, especially your book suggestions. I appreciate the resources you provide. Thanks!

 

post a comment