Widget_logo

 Subscribe to Literary Compass

Google

A book is a literary compass that has the potential to direct our thoughts and actions:

"Everything we read stimulates our mind to think, and what we think determines what we desire, and desires are the seedbed of our actions. Given this iron law of human nature--from reading to thinking, to desiring, to acting--we are shaping our destiny by the ideas we choose to have enter our minds through print." - Fr. John Hardon, S.J., The Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan

Welcome to my own personal exploration of life through reading the great books of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

"Every soul that uplifts itself uplifts the world." --Elisabeth Leseur

Search Catholic Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The First Year Ends, Another Begins

Literary Compass is a year old today! It's been 365 days since I first began blogging with this overlong post about Tolkien's influence on my life. In the past year I've learned a lot about myself, about writing, and about books. I appreciate everyone who's supported Literary Compass by subscribing, commenting and linking back. Your support keeps me writing on those days when I don't quite feel like it.

To mark today's occasion, I've put together two lists. First, a list of the most popular posts of the past year, and second, a list of posts that I think were overlooked the first time through and which might deserve a second chance. Enjoy!

Most popular posts of the past year (in descending order):

101 Essential Web Sites for Readers of Literature

Literary Testosterone: 30 Must-Read Classics for Teenage Boys

10 Best Books for New Catholics

Top 5 Websites for a Deserted Island

Introduction to Nick's Catholic Classics Reading List

45 Important Movies as Chosen by the Vatican

Prayer for a Busy Life by St. Teresa of Avila

ROMAN Reading: 5 Practical Skills for Transforming Your Life through Literature

How to Turn a Book into a Treasured Heirloom

What if Tolkien Wrote Stairway to Heaven?

Title Blending Meme

The 15 Greatest Movies with Novels as Source Materials

When I Loaned this Book I Deemed it as Lost

Some overlooked posts that I think are worth a second glance:

A Short Story for Your Day

Benedictine Books

Free Literary Valentines

9 Short Books That Will Change Your Life Forever

The Top 10 Catholic Prayer Books

Labels:

 Subscribe in a reader

posted by Nick Senger at 7:46 AM

Comments on "The First Year Ends, Another Begins"

 

Blogger Julie D. said ... (Monday, July 02, 2007 9:19:00 AM) : 

A belated congratulations on your blogiversary! Long may you write! :-)

 

Blogger Nick Senger said ... (Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:16:00 AM) : 

Thanks!

 

post a comment